By default Hubsan H107D plus has a transmit FPV antenna at te bottom of drone, in horizontal position, directed to the rear.
If you want fly only up and down this is ok, but if you want to fly more sideways than up, this is very bad position. When your drone is about 30m from you and is rotating, on your screen on transmitter the FPV picture will disappear and show again. Here is small HowTo change it in a simple way.
All you need is:
- Disassembly the drone, and remove the top white cover.
- Unscrew PCB (4 screws), but you don’t need to move it from the case or disconnecting from wires.
- Gently pull the antenna from the bottom, and insert antenna into right side.
- Cut/incise the upper case so as to be able to put the cable to antenna. Cutting place should be in such a place, that the propeller will not damage antenna and to the USB port will be available.
- If everything fits, screw the PCB and casing.
- Tilt antenna slightly backwards – when you will be flown to the front, the antenna will be vertical.
Default place of antenna:
In my case, this small change make a big difference. The view on transmitter screen is much better, even if I fly as fast as I can in „Expert Mode” in range 40-80 meters from me.